Thursday, November 5, 2009

Just Call Me Marie Curie

Ok, this post was for two days ago - I'm a little behind. :)

Today I experimented. I haven't done anything different with my hair in - oh, five years or so. I'm not even talking about highlights or a new cut - nope, just the daily style. As I was about to turn off the bathroom light sporting my usual plain Jane hair, I remembered the fabulous side-of-the-head messy coif that Eva Longoria had on Desperate Housewives last week. It was so pretty, it was all I could look at through the whole scene. I really, really suck at hair architecture, but I decided to give it a try.

What do you think? Definitely not as pretty as hers (hello, it's Eva Longoria) but I was still pretty pleased with the results. Hey, it's definitely kicking my normal ponytail's butt. :) Do any of you have hair tips for me now that mine is getting longer?

love, mary

4 comments:

Leah Jean said...

Totally cute!!

Marissa Waddell said...

Long hair is such a pain. People expect short hair to look the same all the time, but there are so many options with long hair... i just don't know how to do them :)

The Woodwards said...

Love it. I've become a ponytail girl because I rarely have time to do my hair AND puke in the mornings. :) Get some headbands from Clair's and Icing and stuff.. Throw those on with a pony, side pony or messy bun and it's fun and different. The more headband type things you get the more often you can do a ponytail. HAHAHA Or maybe don't listen to any of that at all because I'm just a lazy pregnant woman.

MegEveryday said...

Your hair is ADORABLE! I do that side pony/messy/get it out of my face but still try to look cute do all the time! :)