Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Catch Up: Descanso Gardens Again

Last year I took Sam & Haley to Descanso Gardens and swore I'd come back every year. It's breathtakingly beautiful and in April, almost everything in the whole place is in bloom. This year we went as a family, and even Paul loved it.

In my favorite part, the Lilac garden, there were butterflies everywhere dancing around in the aroma. Sam was fascinated.
Lucy loved the Lilacs, too.

We hoofed it uphill with the double stroller to the Boddy House, which is officially exactly what I want my home to look like someday. I love the details in here!! Keep dreaming. :)

This was part of the beautiful bathroom

and this is a close-up of the (fabric) wall - I'm obsessed with this! It gave it such a crazy wonderful feel in the room while adding some beautiful texture.

We took a pit stop at the restroom and Sam started playing with Lucy, kissing and hugging and talking at her. He can't get enough of the girl, I love it!

Then back out to beautiful nature. We all loved the poppies so much - such vibrant color!

At the pond Sam was going nuts - turtles and giant goldfish? What heaven is this??

But perhaps his favorite part of the whole day? The giant pinecone someone planted on this tree. So much for enjoying natural beauty hahaha.

Family photo op at the fountain in the rose garden

Tulips!! Love me some tulips. Lucy was overcome and had to bask in the tulip bed.

Sammy decided he wanted to hold Lucy for a shot. "Hold" is really a subjective term...

MAN I love my beautiful family!

and this just has to melt your heart.

As we were leaving we saw the most adorable family of ducks! The mama was heading over to the pond to join her baby daddy, but there was this little rock wall in the way and her babies couldn't hop over. She tried to be patient while they figured out a way over, but eventually got fed up (wouldn't know how that feels) and ditched them for Mr. D. The babies all freaked out, but darn it if every single one of them didn't figure out some way or another up over that little wall to their mom. No, I will not ditch my kids to see if this works. Even if I am a little bit tempted.

It was a great day. Can't wait to see what next year brings!

love, mary

0 comments: