One of my favorite things that we did while Arlene was here was take a little trip down to Hollywood to see the sights.



Apparently the church of scientology is a big deal with celebrities or something like that :) They did have "L. Ron Hubbard's Winter Wonderland" set up, though, and since it was free we took Sam to see Santa. Even if it was weirdo scientology Santa.


He was really, REALLY wary of weird scientology Santa. The only way we got Sam near him was through bribery - Santa had some hard candies, at least. This was hands down the lamest Santa I've ever come across - NOT jolly, he didn't even throw out any ho-ho-ho's! I wouldn't join that church just because of their lame sauce Santa. :)
This was the one museum we
did go into while we were there:

Ripley's Believe It or Not Odditorium. It was so neat! We all had a great time. This was my favorite item in the place


and the rest are pictures and plaques of some of the crazy, crazy things in there. You're welcome to take a look at them - if not, I understand. It's a strange world, I guess. :)
(I put this first one here just for you, mom - you're welcome for the embarrassing moment haha)








I'm sure everyone's seen this one before, but it's still creepy...



umm...yikes. YIKES.




This was by far the creepiest thing in the whole museum, in my opinion. You're welcome for the nightmares that are sure to ensue...mine involved arachnid-looking men.




Sam loved looking in this microscope at the microscopic art, it was his favorite part


yep, those are her lips. with giant discs in them. oh, and some boobage. sorry.





and my boys next to a statue of the world's tallest man, who was over 9' tall!

The most important lesson learned in this museum is that you should never, ever, EVER go to New Guinea, for any reason. They shrink heads, they are cannibals, and they participate in just about every extremely weird, extremely
wrong ritual you've ever heard of. Seriously. Stay away.
love, mary
1 comments:
Your favorite exhibit, the butterfly platter, Uncle Reid got one in Brazil on his mission, which he gave to your grandmother and we inherited. I'll let you see it for free next time you are here.
Post a Comment