So I started a new job today. Ya, I know - no mention of this before. That's because it was one of those scary things that you can't really address publicly for a while, ya know? Plus it happened really fast. I had my first interview on a Friday, second the following Tuesday, an offer 3 hours later and started on Monday. Yikes.
I got off the phone with my supervisor after the offer and was super excited...for about 7 seconds. Then the daycare realization hit me and I got really, really sick to my stomach. Thus began the frantic search for an acceptable daycare for schmoopy. It was a crazy week, with yet another RS activity to put together on Wednesday, a presentation for ward conference due on Saturday, getting ready for guests who had to cancel last minute, and The Case of the Missing Paycheck (which still hasn't shown up).
Yet again, however, we felt the hand of God directly and not only got everything done, Paul had an out-of-the-ordinary large cluster of days off so he can stay home with Sammy a lot, our tax refund came through and we found a fan-freakin'-tastic daycare for the little guy that I'm really excited about. What huge, relieving blessings!!
I still found myself spontaneously bursting into tears throughout the weekend - not because I feel like things aren't going exactly the way they should be and that everything is going to turn out great. Just because getting used to the idea of someone else teaching Sammy something important or missing out on some adorable milestone is, frankly, weird and a little on the disturbing side to my mommy sensibilities. I cried in the shower, after Paul fell asleep, and in the car right after taking this picture of me on my first day of work (again):
I got off the phone with my supervisor after the offer and was super excited...for about 7 seconds. Then the daycare realization hit me and I got really, really sick to my stomach. Thus began the frantic search for an acceptable daycare for schmoopy. It was a crazy week, with yet another RS activity to put together on Wednesday, a presentation for ward conference due on Saturday, getting ready for guests who had to cancel last minute, and The Case of the Missing Paycheck (which still hasn't shown up).
Yet again, however, we felt the hand of God directly and not only got everything done, Paul had an out-of-the-ordinary large cluster of days off so he can stay home with Sammy a lot, our tax refund came through and we found a fan-freakin'-tastic daycare for the little guy that I'm really excited about. What huge, relieving blessings!!
I still found myself spontaneously bursting into tears throughout the weekend - not because I feel like things aren't going exactly the way they should be and that everything is going to turn out great. Just because getting used to the idea of someone else teaching Sammy something important or missing out on some adorable milestone is, frankly, weird and a little on the disturbing side to my mommy sensibilities. I cried in the shower, after Paul fell asleep, and in the car right after taking this picture of me on my first day of work (again):
The longer I think about this and just let it be, the more excited I am about the whole thing. Daycare will be great for Sam, and working (part-time) will be great for me, and the (tiny bit after daycare, but hey) extra cash will be great for our bank account. Hooray for embracing change. :)
love, mary
3 comments:
WOW!! That was really quick. Hardly any time to adjust mentally to the new situation. I'd be all tears too. My bug-a-boo isn't even here yet and I worry about going back to work - 3 months just doesn't seem like enough time. However, you did get to to stay home with Sam through a REALLY important time. I'm excited for you to go back to work. You always do well under pressure and "having too much to do." I know you'll do great and everything will balance out perfectly for your little family. As always let me know if there is anything I can do for you! Good luck with the new job!
oh I know how you feel- I HAD SUCH A HARD TIME GOING BACK TO WORK- but it is so nice to have that social life again- I love my work friends. I do have a hard time going to work and school when Persayes is screaming for me not to go. but sammie will learn good social skills being there.
I'm sure it's been a big change going back to work! I bet you're the best IHC receptionist ever, I'd love to have you to talk to at a front desk. I'm glad it's going so well! Good luck with the new job!! :)
Post a Comment