Sunday, January 30, 2011

Baby Update

Seriously lacking in the blog department lately - sorry about that. I have started like 3 posts and apparently have an issue with commitment or something as they are still in the editing stage. :) Due to pressure from friendly sources, instead of further avoiding posting those I will update ya'll on the baby situation here at the Lamas house.

Today marks 32 weeks exactly, I am getting close! My due date is March 28th. Generally I feel like this baby is sneaking up on me and I am blown away when I think that in two months she'll be hanging out with us. SO exciting! I've been feeling really good this pregnancy - much less moody this time, to the delight of my spouse, haha. I had a bout with a kidney stone a couple of weeks ago (which passed about 12 hours later, thank heavens) and my sciatica has returned, but I have weekly massage/chiropractor appointments that keep it bearable and I'm so happy that those are the only negative things going on with baby. Here's a picture of me at 31 weeks (please disregard the crazy hair and my g's sticking out of my shirt, haha):

I'm just beginning to feel really large; I've literally knocked the wind out of Paul a couple of times while trying to kiss him goodnight, hahaha. I've only gained about 13 pounds so I'm super thrilled about that and definitely hope that trend continues!

Nesting kicked in about a week ago, as we meandered down the clearance aisle in Target and found some stellar deals - $39 mattress, $12.50 bedding ensemble, and 2 $2 crib sheets later, we were totally set with all of our bedding. Cha-ching! I was itching to shop for this little girl but found an even better therapy - I raided the huge stash of gifts we received from the last pregnancy! :) All of the ooh-and-aah factor with none of the guilt for spending tons of money! I cannot wait to dress her up!! I have been busy making some onesie appliques and hair bows, and have to contain myself every time I hit the fabric store - the pink aisle calls to me. Even Paul has been loving pulling out all of the cute stuff, he is so excited to have a little girl. He actually beat me to the punch in setting up the crib for baby! He even left the ties on the front of the crib untied for me to do, "so it would look all pretty" hahaha. Love what little girls do to their daddies.

Sam continues to be excitedly naive about what it means that mommy has a baby in her tummy, poor kid. :) I tried to really sit him down and explain it a while ago and somehow he came out of that conversation thinking that his sister lives in his belly; no amount of persuasion on our part will convince him otherwise. :) I'll ask "Sammy, where's your little sister?" and he'll put both hands on his tummy and say "right here, mommy! In my bewwy!" We think he's going to be just great with becoming a big brother, he adores babies and is always very excited to see them up close and personal.

We are so excited to add another little personality to our family, I find myself wondering all the time what she will be like and what her niche will come to be in our little world. We know we'll just love her to pieces!!

love, mary

2 comments:

Maren B said...

Awesome. I'm excited for you. I wish I only gained 13 pounds during my pregnancies!

Emily said...

hello hot mama! you look fabulous! 13 pounds, holy cow girl, you stink! More things I want to comment on: talk about super killer deals, way to go! I love Target. I'm so sorry about your sciatica pain. :( no fun. And yes! Having a little girl and all things pink is so much fun, make everything you can and post it to your blog for me to 'oooo' and "ahhh" over.
xoxo