Sunday, January 2, 2011

Snow in LA!!

(Ok I know I have the whole holidays to document, but I'm just so excited about getting SNOW all the way down here in southern Cali today that it's taking precedence in blogdom).

The most exciting thing EVER - it snowed for over 6 hours today!! Enough to stick on the ground, and I was so happy that it kept going long enough to go play in it after work. Sam and I improvised snow gear and went out to explore.

His favorite parts were jumping in slush

and making snowballs - especially when he realized what fun it was to throw them at mommy.

He was also intrigued by the neighbors' snowman, which was immediately dubbed "frosty" - no creativity wasted here.

After 20 minutes or so he'd soaked through his sock-gloves and mine, so we tramped back inside for some traditional snow fare - hot chocolate and jam toast.

This picture's for you, moms - he gets this "aaah, that's good stuff" look on his face every time with the magical strawberry freezer jam. :)

I've been really homesick lately and this dusting of snow was just the boost I needed. SO much fun showing Sam this side of life from home - ok, minus the Karlsvan's igloos and uncle Mike's whitewashing. :)

None of you Utah people are allowed to post about the inches upon inches of snow you've been having this year - let me keep thinking our 1/2"-1" is super awesome. :)

love, mary

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hurray for snow in LA! crazy! How is your pregnancy going!? I need an update!!

Saralyn said...

I totally remember it being the same way in Austin. It was funny how I had grown up with so much snow, and yet I got so excited over the one dusting we got in Austin while we were there.