Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween!

Ok, I wanted to wait to post some pictures of Halloween until I got a family one, but I don't think that's happening soon so I give up. :D I'm bummed we didn't get one; we were so busy having fun trick-or-treating that we totally spaced it until it was too late, and we don't have anyone around to take one for us. I do still have our costumes in the garage, though, so we'll get one up eventually, I promise.

We found this adorable little tootsie roll costume for Sam on sale and decided to go with that for our family theme this year. Paul really wanted to do super heroes (of course), but they didn't have any small enough to fit Sam so that'll have to wait until next year. I LOVE Halloween, so it was mandatory that we have a cute first one with Sammy, but money was tight so I improvised and made a lifesavers costume out of painted poster board with a tinfoil hat for me, and a painted cardboard box and Darth Vador mask made up Paul's PEZ costume...I know, I'm awesome. :D

We went to our ward Halloween party but ended up getting there just as they were finishing up, because we had to go out of town unexpectedly and our costumes weren't quite done when we got back. I was SO disappointed. Paul was laughing at me and made me realize that I'm not competitive at all in like games and sports and stuff, but when it comes to my own creative creations, I definitely want to be the best...or to at least have people ooh and aah at them. hahaha, I'm so lame. Anyway, we missed out on that party and I was bummed but at least the costumes were done for the real day.

On Halloween we met up with some friends that Paul grew up with, Melissa and Brian, and went trick-or-treating with them and their kids. I love being with kids on Halloween, it's like the most exciting day of the year besides Christmas and they're so hopped up for it. Paul and I didn't do the lame my-kid-can't-even-eat-candy-yet-but-I'm-still-taking-some routine, though I'm not going to lie and say it wasn't tempting at those fun-sized Snickers houses. :D We went to this little Halloween carnival at a park in Burbank that was really cute, the girls really liked it and I stored it in the someday-when-I'm-on-the-activities-committee file, hehe. Here are the pictures of our little Tootsie Roll and our Halloweenage:




Our little Tootsie Roll!


Brian and Melissa's youngest, Matias. His original costume was Gomez Adams, but it got a little chilly so he switched to skeleton-with-mustache

Their oldest, Caterina, need I explain her costume

Jocelyn playing some ghost game

Pumpkin Toss

The girls at the "spooky lab" wherein you put your hands through the holes and feel yucky stuff like eyeballs, fingers and intestines


Brian and Matias


This is what Sam mostly did while we were out, hehe


How does fruity candy give birth to a chocolate roll? Reproduction is amazing.


Daddy trying to snack on Sam - he's definitely not as into Halloween as I am and the PEZ costume was pretty cumbersome, so it got ditched in the car pretty quickly.


This kid wins my "Best Costume" award this year. He's a forklift! I was so impressed with it I stopped his family and asked for a picture so I can torture Sam with it some Halloween in the future. They thought I was a little crazy but humored me.


We've been trying to do the bedtime routine thing, so after Sam screams his way through a tubbie he gets some Spanish Storytime with daddy. I just love it, I think it's so adorable.

Love, mary


1 comments:

Twerty Girl said...

Very cute Mary!! I guess I missed you guys at the ward party, we only stayed about 30 mins. Just wanted to ask if you could send me your new phone number again.. I seem to have erased it, opps! Thank you!!!