Grandma Janet sent Sammy's handmade baby quilt to him a few weeks ago, and it is AWESOME!!! She designed and quilted it all herself and I love, love, love the way it turned out...very appropriate for our little superhero. :D
Green Lantern and The Flash
Thank you SO much, Grandma Janet, we love it! It stays in his crib to minimize the dog hair factor, but he sleeps under it every night and naptime
Sam continues to be a happy little baby - as long as he's where he can look around. I've started using his Bumbo chair and his swing a lot, but mostly he wants to be held facing out for maximum comfort and convenience (to himself, of course, not mommy). He loves to "stand up" and is a total chatterbox at home, though for some reason when we go other places he clams right up. I keep taking lots of video of his talking, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to put it on the blog...for some reason the file type is wrong or something. I'm so bummed! His #1 love in life is going outside, he calms right down when we put him in the baby bjorn or the stroller and you can't make him look at you the whole time because he's too busy looking at everything else. He's developed a total disgust for tubbie time, which I'm bummed about because he used to love it. I don't know what happened, but he screams and screams as soon as he hits the water. I'm attempting to put him on a better schedule but he kinds of just chuckles to himself and says "silly mommy, don't you know I'm in charge here?" and so my attempts aren't working so well. :D Here are some pictures:
Sam continues to be a happy little baby - as long as he's where he can look around. I've started using his Bumbo chair and his swing a lot, but mostly he wants to be held facing out for maximum comfort and convenience (to himself, of course, not mommy). He loves to "stand up" and is a total chatterbox at home, though for some reason when we go other places he clams right up. I keep taking lots of video of his talking, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to put it on the blog...for some reason the file type is wrong or something. I'm so bummed! His #1 love in life is going outside, he calms right down when we put him in the baby bjorn or the stroller and you can't make him look at you the whole time because he's too busy looking at everything else. He's developed a total disgust for tubbie time, which I'm bummed about because he used to love it. I don't know what happened, but he screams and screams as soon as he hits the water. I'm attempting to put him on a better schedule but he kinds of just chuckles to himself and says "silly mommy, don't you know I'm in charge here?" and so my attempts aren't working so well. :D Here are some pictures:
Nudie Sam standing up
Paul is still doing well at work. He'll be getting a new training officer in a couple of weeks so will hopefully be seeing a little more action and learning new things. His TO right now is great, but a little on the inactive side, hehe. I'm crossing my fingers that his schedule won't change too dramatically, but I won't hold my breath. He's been dealing with people lately regarding the election a lot - just this morning he arrested some girl for tagging "yes on 8" bumper stickers in a parking lot. Yikes. Whatever happened to freedom of speech?
I'm doing well, just staying really, really busy with Sam. It's gotten both easier and harder in regards to being a mom and getting things done: easier to let go of the things that I just can't do anymore (like have a spotless house all the time and have dinner on the table when Paul comes home) and harder to keep him entertained as he's sleeping less and less and wanting to be more active. What do people do with crawling babies?? :D We've been looking around on Craig's List and stuff for a really cheap treadmill so that I can start on this baby fat - I'm trying to be realistic about exercising and fess up that there's no way getting up early to do it will ever pan out. Much easier to have it in-house so I don't even have to put on clothes, hahaha.
All in all, not much new around here. I took some adorable Halloween pictures but left the camera in Paul's car, so I'll have to post them later. I'm counting down the days to AJ's wedding, I am SO excited for the cold weather! I know it sounds crazy & you're all rolling your eyes at this, but I am seriously sick of the sun and perpetual summer right about now. I saw a tree with yellow leaves the other day and actually pulled over to stare at it for a while because it's such an anomoly here.
Anyway...more later, just wanted to feel like I did my blogging duty. :D
love, mary
1 comments:
The quilt is awesome!!! I just love it! It is so creative.
Post a Comment