No, for all of you who thought you were going to get a juicy troubled marriage blog here, that's not what I mean. Sorry to disappoint. :D I haven't blogged about Officer Paul for a while, so this one is all about him.
Since becoming an upstanding enforcer of the law, Paul has the most hysterical sleep-talk/sleep actions I've ever seen. I think that cop stuff is ALL he dreams about, and they must be really vivid. Since he goes to bed at 9:30 when he has to work the next day, and Sam doesn't doze off until around 11 or 12, I get to experience some of these. I don't know if he's always talked in his sleep this much and I've just missed it because I was asleep, too, but there have been some really funny incidents. Like the time I heard him shouting "sir, yes, sir!" when he was in the academy. Or the time he walked into the living room late one night, looked at Sam and said "ma'am, is this your baby?" as though I was a druggie or something (he looked totally awake, it really threw me for a minute before I realized he was asleep). There have been some narrow misses when he's been apprehending a resistant perp; a couple of good kicks and, once, nearly an elbow to the gut. The funniest one, though, happened last night.
I could NOT sleep, probably because of the heavy rainstorm going on outside. It seems like it was effecting Paul's sleep, too, because he was talking even more than usual. All of a sudden I see him grab the pillow across his chest and start asking "what have you got?" a few times. Then he proceeds to give the pillow a full pat down! hahaha, by this time I'm laughing, but it got even better. The pillowcase fell down a little bit and his hand found the opening edge and started feeling it all the way around like it was a waistband. He was convinced that this pillow was harboring a deadly weapon somewhere in its nether regions, because he totally started stripping off the pillowcase! He did a full-blown strip search of his pillow. I was laughing so hard, I had to put my own pillow over my mouth so I didn't wake him up. What a weirdo.
Paul's doing great at his job, his TO (training officer) loves him and lets him do a lot of the work himself, which sounds like a bummer but is really great. It shows that his TO has a lot of confidence in his abilities because ultimately it's the TO that is responsible if anything gets done incorrectly. Paul's learning a lot with him, and they see quite a bit more action than with his last TO.
Last week Paul made his first big felony arrest! He was so, so proud of himself, and I was proud, too. Earlier he'd arrested a small-time thief who was on heroin, and they interrogated him until he gave up his dealer's info. So Paul and his TO did a stake-out and caught the guy! He had 24 balloons of heroin in his mouth!! They carry it there so that they can supposedly swallow it if they get caught by the cops. This is the equivalent of spontaneously swallowing 24 latex-coated peanut m&m's whole - only a lot more dangerous because that much heroin in your gut will kill you. Needless to say, it didn't work. They just put his head down parallel to the ground, and when he wouldn't spit it out Paul just plugged his nose, and when he couldn't breathe he spit them all out, haha. They also found over $1500 cash on him (too bad we can't keep it, right?) and three more felons with huge outstanding warrants in the guy's apartment! They arrested everyone and now there are a few less druggies selling stuff on the street. We were both so proud. :D
Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!
love, mary
Thursday, November 27, 2008
He Doesn't Dream About ME Anymore...
Posted by mari_contrary at 12:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hilarious! Paul, if you are feeling at all self concious about talking in your sleep, talk to my dad (Unle Reid). Ask him about the "Giant Brazilian spiders on the Ceiling" dream.
That story just totally made my day! I love it. That's a cool story about the arrest too. It's time for some more Sam pictures!!
The dreams are hilarious!!! I wish gable did funny stuff like that in his sleep but no luck we are boring! Hope you had a great thanksgiving.
Lovin' it!
Post a Comment