Monday, October 26, 2009

Halloween Projects!

Sarah & Chris went out of town this weekend, and we watched their awesome kids Thursday and Friday before they went to their Grandma's house. When I got back from dropping them off on Friday Paul had had to put Sam down to bed already (he was at the end of his rope) so we just decided to hang out at their house for another day. I took the opportunity to rummage through Sarah's gargantuan stash of craft paint and get my Halloween crafts (from 3 years ago) done!


I started with my sad little wreath. Unfortunately, Sam deleted the before pictures of the bare wreath and then the wreath wrapped in just the plaid. That was my original plan but it still lacked pizzazz, so I added some orange

Then I spiced up my little spiderweb with some bright green, some (free!) stickers and some orange...

put them together, and voila!


Next I started on this sad little sign that said "Pumpkin Patch" in wire lettering (again, sorry for the lack of before pictures) over this hunting-bright-orange color that was in the middle of the sign. I pulled out the lettering, covered the sign and pumpkins with my free Halloween paper (from the local - ONLY - scrapbook store's anniversary shindig), and started in with this new little beauty.

If you haven't tried the Slice, you need to! Check it out here. It's AWESOME!

So I got the lettering cut out with my handy-dandy Slice, mod podged them on with some more of my free stickers, and Voila! again!


When we finally made it back home I set out our new schmancy Halloween digs on our porch with our pumpkins.

Sam helped me out by grabbing one of those mini pumpkins and chucking it down the stairs. Such a sweet, helpful boy. :)

I'm still working on the table runner I started, who knows if that one will get done by Halloween. :)

love, mary

3 comments:

Aim Aug said...

Super cute! You make me want to get crafty....almost....

Emily said...

Oh I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT SO MUCH I HIT THE CAPS BUTTON ON PURPOSE! SOOO CUTE!

Aubrey said...

You are seriously awesome!