Today I was catching up on some Oprah while (FINALLY) finishing up the painting project I've been doing (more on that coming soon). Harry Connick Jr. (swoon) came on and chatted for a little bit, and then of course sang a couple of songs from his new album of old songs. All of a sudden "The Way You Look Tonight" came on, which is our song. I stood up in all of my paint-stripe-and-nappy- ponytail glory, my sweet husband held me close, and we had our own little romantic dance in the cluttered living room for a few minutes.
It was such a sweet little moment and it got me thinking about how the last time we danced to our song was at our wedding, when both of us were looking our best and were easily, madly in love with each other. This time the scene was very different. Instead of cooing loved ones in the background, our son was shouting at the top of his lungs from his high chair, banging his sippy cup on the tray and flinging a chunk of chicken nugget every so often for good measure. I looked like a white Apache warrior in an oversized hoodie and yesterday's mascara. Paul was sporting the awesome mustache he saved from his goatee after 2 1/2 weeks of time off (I made him promise to do that when he was done with probation - every cop should have one at some point!) and still hasn't learned any dance moves in 3+ years.
Honey, I still love you - just the way you look tonight.
love, mary
It was such a sweet little moment and it got me thinking about how the last time we danced to our song was at our wedding, when both of us were looking our best and were easily, madly in love with each other. This time the scene was very different. Instead of cooing loved ones in the background, our son was shouting at the top of his lungs from his high chair, banging his sippy cup on the tray and flinging a chunk of chicken nugget every so often for good measure. I looked like a white Apache warrior in an oversized hoodie and yesterday's mascara. Paul was sporting the awesome mustache he saved from his goatee after 2 1/2 weeks of time off (I made him promise to do that when he was done with probation - every cop should have one at some point!) and still hasn't learned any dance moves in 3+ years.
Honey, I still love you - just the way you look tonight.
love, mary
1 comments:
Ahh! So sweet.
Post a Comment