Monday, May 17, 2010

Sarah's Baby Shower

Sarah just had her beautiful baby boy (new nephews post will come a little later - gotta catch up first!) and at the end of April I threw her a baby shower to celebrate his pending arrival. I tried to keep it simple, just a few decorations

and some delicious eats - chicken salad croissants, fresh feta-zucchini bruschetta, fruit salad and cupcakes. Check out those lilacs!! Sarah's neighbor gave them to her, they made the whole room smell amazing.

Close-up of my cupcakes, they turned out so cute I think!

I had Sarah lead the charge on the food

Then we all chatted it up for a while before I started the only game we had - 4th babies are a good excuse to skip the typical shower games. :) Sarah has a great sense of humor and in honor of that I had everyone tell the funniest/most embarrassing pregnancy stories, whether their own or someone else's. It was SO FUNNY!!! There were some amazing, crazy stories going on, it was so awesome.

Quick preggers pose - she hadn't yet slowed down enough this pregnancy to snap one! My sister is a human Energizer battery.

Then on to the gifts!
haha, this one is my absolute fave
As we were cleaning up we snapped a picture together - I think this is our first one! haha

It was a great time!

love, mary

p.s. hooray for all of the comments last post! Keep it up, it was fun seeing some of my lurkers! :)

3 comments:

AJ said...

Mary, I think you already blogged about your sisters baby shower. Hmmm.

Emily said...

This was so cute! Way to go Mary it looked like fun!

mari_contrary said...

no, no, AJ, that was totally facebook. Get your social networking sites straight! :)