Monday, November 8, 2010

Halloween 2010

We had a great time carving/decorating pumpkins this year; we were much less ambitious than last year so we actually finished in one sitting haha. Mommy and Daddy carved their big pumpkins out, and Sammy had a blast coloring his little one (and his arms, shirt, face, etc) with markers.

There's nothing Paul hates more than scooping out pumpkin goop, but he was a trooper and did it himself this year. :)


End results:
Mommy's pumpkin
Daddy's pumpkin (green lantern symbol to match his costume)
and Sammy's pumpkin! He wouldn't let us put it on the porch the first night; he insisted on displaying his lovely art on the bookcase in his room. :)
The next day, however, he acquiesced
On Saturday the 30th we headed out for the grand ward Halloween party/trunk-or-treat; it was so much fun! We didn't get pictures of anything but the jumper because we were so occupied with our activities,
but there was a fishing pond, a spider game, pumpkin bowling and a cake walk. I donated a plate of cupcakes for the walk; tried out these mummy cupcakes I saw on one of my crafty blogs and I was so pleased with how they turned out!
I didn't know until we got there that the cakes were actually a competition, but I won first place, woohoo! Sees candy for momma, happy Halloween indeed! :)

We only snapped one picture of our little family, so sorry for the repeat - I was Supergirl, Paul was Green Lantern and Sammy was Captain America. "Cap" always says "hup, hup, hup!" and Sammy ran around yelling that all night. :)
Trunk-or-Treating was a huge hit; here's Sam showing off his new spider ring to his friends Xander and Eli. SUPER exciting.

This awesome truck was parked across from our car, and Sammy was obsessed with the ghost with the light-up eyes; it had a counterweight on it and floated up and down. He ran up to it, chickened out, and came flying back to our car literally about 15 times in a row, much to the amusement of the truck's owner.

On the 15th try he finally got the guts to reach out and poke the hem with one finger; then promptly squealed like a girl and ran back to the safety of our car. So daring!

He wouldn't touch it again, but reluctantly agreed to get closer as long as daddy was holding him.

We then went and crashed the Eddy's ward party, where we saw this delicious little guy

Maybe the best little kid costume I've EVER seen!! Mason was King Arthur, Aidan was a skeleton and Haley was Ginny Weasley, but I am LAME and didn't get any pictures of their awesome costumes!

We had a great time Halloweening! The actual day of we spent the evening making and eating pizzas at the Eddy's while we watched Brennan and Haley's TV debut on America's Funniest Home Videos! They didn't win but were SO funny - I'm trying to get my hands on a copy of the clip so I can share it with everyone. Sammy was stoked every time a trick-or-treater came by, he was hilarious! He would book it to the front door, grab candy from the bucket and start liberally handing it out to the (usually teenager?!) recipients - we had to watch him so he didn't give it all away in the first half hour. A couple of times he ran out of candy from his hands before he ran out of trick-or-treaters, so he just said "ok, tanks guys! Buh-bye!" and shut the door on them. HAHAHA his cousins had to intervene and show him that yes, you can grab more for the rest of the people. :)

It was a great holiday! I'm already dreaming up costumes for next year with the little one; I'm thinking Wizard of Oz if it's a boy and Incredibles if it's a girl. We'll find out (hopefully, yeesh!) on Thursday what we're having, what do you think our baby will be??

love, mary

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Glad to see someone who loves Halloween as much as I do... If you decide to do Wizard of Oz next year, let me know, I have the cutest lion and tin man costume.

Saralyn said...

Those cupcakes are awesome! Way to go! Can't wait to hear what you're having!