After a month or so of faking me out, teetering farther and farther out on the edge of crawling, Sam finally took the plunge and became mobile last week. He was such a good boy, I told him he could start crawling after I got all of our boxes unpacked and he even gave me an extra couple of days after that to get things organized. What a sweetie. :)
Maybe it's because he's not fast enough at it yet to be a nuisance, but I totally love that he's crawling. This morning I left him surrounded by toys in my bedroom while I switched the laundry over, and when I got back to the hallway there he was, crawling my way, looking for me! That was one of the sweetest mommy moments I've had so far. I love the look on his face when he gets intrigued by something and then goes after it. I love that he'll crawl to Paul or me, even if he's mad about us not walking over to him and picking him up. It's just so cute.
One of the byproducts of Sam realizing how to move, though, is that he can now move around his crib really well, and we pretty much have to do sleep training all over again. The other night I put him down and he cried for another hour, it was so sad. I couldn't help but think it was totally adorable, though, when I went in after 10 minutes of quiet and saw this:
I'll for sure have more to come on the crawling, hopefully my video attempt works, this is the first time blogger hasn't crapped out on my halfway through the upload so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that this is the beginning of a beautiful video-filled friendship. :)
love, mary
3 comments:
The feet poking out of the bars is beyond cute! I am amazed that kids can sleep like that.Especially his neck! Ouch!
cute, cute, cute! i can't even believe he is old enough to CRAWL! haha. and, i love the pictures of your new place, adorable!
Ohhhh I can't believe he's crawling so good!!! I think Gracie's helmet slowed her down and she's still just rolling around everywhere =(. I love all the updates you did! Super cute new place! Hope Paul feels better soon, desk is NO FUN!! hahahah
Post a Comment