Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Our New Place!

Our new condo is the perfect place, we LOVE it! We wish so much that the owner would sell it to us, but he bought it a year and a half ago for about $100k more than it's worth on the market right now, so no go. It makes such a difference to come home to a nice, clean place with pretty much new everything as opposed to our old place, which was cozy but badly in need of new carpet, some fixtures and some paint. Here are some pictures: (yes, I spent a long time cleaning up before I took these - I'm not that tidy :) )

I know it's silly, but probably my favorite feature in this place are these doors. Call me crazy.


This is the view from our front door. The area is so much more open than in our old place, and we don't have to block our balcony with our beloved 25-odd-year-old sectional anymore. I love all the sunshine that 2 more windows add!

The flooring is a cherry Pergo, which I love because it's easier to clean the dog hair off of and less susceptible to long doggy nails than hardwood.
Our dining nook, right off of the living room. Notice my new water cooler, an awesome garage sale find that sure saves a bunch of money and plastic now that we're not buying bottles by the caseload.


And the crowning glory (dun-dun-dun-DUN!) my kitchen! New cabinets, granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. I have officially gone back to loving to cook, now that my stove heats up properly and my fridge keeps things really cold. :)

The view from the living room down the hall. We keep the baby gate up to keep the dogs off of the new carpet in the bedrooms.

Down the hall - bathroom then master on the right, office then nursery on the right.

Hallway bathroom. The only thing I don't love are the doors on the tub, why do people put those in? They get all scummy, including the track, which is freaking hard to clean.

I like these doors in front of the washer & dryer - much prettier than the other place.

On to the nursery, notice the beautiful new carpet that I don't have to cover with a blanket before putting Sammy on!
I know I've pointed it out before, but check out that gorgeous lamb quilt my mom made for me. I love it!
Paul and Schmoo were just wrapping up our bedtime story before we put him to bed.

The office and the master suite are just as pretty, too, except that they're still a hopeless mess of boxes and other moving carnage. :)

Many thanks to everyone who came and helped us move, those 66 stairs each trip (one way - yes, I counted!) were SO killer, especially on that third day, and we really appreciate all of the help. Here are a few pictures from the move:

Sam did his fair share of helping us pack up the old place (and say good riddance to that nasty CARPET!)

...and move into the new place

The only other picture I thought to get was our friend Luis and Paul bringing in the last item. We were so happy we almost cried, and treated ourselves to some ice packs on the calves, haha.


love, mary

3 comments:

Heidi said...

O Mary! I love the new place! I am very jealous of the floors--so pretty!
I am glad that you finally found a place to be. Hopefully things are getting back to normal, whatever that really means. Have fun with the parents when they come to visit.
:) Heidi

Marci and Kenny said...

That is a nice place ya got there. I do love those laundry doors and your nice floors. enjoy

The Woodwards said...

I'm lovin' it. It for sure suits you all better than the last place did. Sounds like all the hassle and hard work was worth it. Mostly I'm glad you are going to start cooking again!! YAY!

P.S. You need to e-mail me and update me on the medical transcription stuff... what?! jahwoodward@gmail.com